Managing Your 2Shakes Account
Use the top navigation bar to manage your password, two factor authentication and your payment plan.
My Account lets you see the number of entities you have signed up in the last 12 months, and manage your pricing plan.
To change your password, first enter your existing password. Then you can enter and confirm a new password to change it.
In the Profile section under Users you can create a new log on for members of staff. You must enter the first & last name and the email address. When you click Add Staff an email with instructions, will be sent to the new user.
If you want the new user to be able to update the profile section then select the Is Admin tick box. If this box is NOT selected the user will be able to create agreements, but will not be able to change your 2Shakes settings.
Two Factor Authentication (2FA)
Two Factor Authentication (2FA) only takes a few extra seconds, but will add an extra layer of protection to all the data you hold in 2Shakes. With 2FA anyone trying to break into your 2Shakes account would need both your password and your mobile device to gain access.
2FA is optional in 2Shakes. You use the top navigation to configure it. You will need to down load a free App called Google Authenticator, which provides secure six-digit codes to use to log in to your account.
- To start, use the top navigation bar to enable two factor authentication.
- You will be asked to enter your existing password (this is your first factor).
- Then you will be shown back up codes. If you lose your device or otherwise can’t get codes from Google Authenticator, you can use backup codes to sign in. We recommend you store your codes wherever you keep your other valuable items. (Note: Backup codes are only valuable to someone if they manage to also steal your password.)
- If you haven’t already, you will now need to install Google Authenticator The app is available for Android and iOS.
If you have downloaded the app on your smart phone you will be able to use the phones camera to scan the QR code.
- Google Authenticator then create 6 digit codes you use to log into 2Shakes (this is your second factor).
- Enter the code to confirm it is working, and finish off the 2FA set up process.
- Now your set to go! Next time you log into the 2Shakes you will be asked to enter your two factor authentication code as a second step, after you have entered your password.
You can use the top navigation bar to disable two factor authentication.