February has been another busy month for 2Shakes, as we:
- Showcase 2Shakes
- Celebrate our Anniversary
- Deliver more to our customers
2Shakes has continued to spread the word about what we are doing, and how our solution helps NZers. This month has been busy as we have demonstrated 2Shakes to teams at ACC, CAANZ and NZBAI.
We also pitched our ideas to NZ Post Executive Leadership Group, as well as to experts in the technology Venture Capital industry in Silicon Valley, USA. We always learn each time we meet and demonstration our solution, which keeps helping to make 2Shakes fit our customers.
Our accelerator anniversary
2Shakes was formed on MBIE’s R9 Accelerator 2.0 a year ago. That means it’s now our birthday! Yes, 2Shakes is now in its second year – wow. 2016 was a fascinating and eventful start for us. We have taken a kernel of a fantastic idea, validated it, built it and are now working hard to grow its uptake so we can deliver benefit to NZ businesses and to NZ government.
The R9 accelerator is government looking for a different way to solve some of its ‘gnarly’ problems. It wants to solve them in a way that encourages innovation, and that focuses on its customers. We couldn’t have done what we did without the support of so many wonderful people and organisations.
MBIE R9 Accelerator 3.0 kicks off again this week with a new group of teams. 2Shakes will move to be co-located with these new R9 teams in Plimmer Tower in Wellington.
NZ really is seeing an explosion of programmes to support innovative start-ups. Its not just government programmes. This month the FinTech Accelerator launched at Creative HQ, and an Accelerator for the energy sector (Lightening Lab Electric) is planned. Innovation through Lean startups is a great way to build new businesses, and build value for the NZ economy, efficiently.
Delivering more for our customers
2Shakes made a number of improvements this month. We have launched our first blockchain integration – check out our media release Kiwi GovTech startup makes online signatures safer with Blockchain breakthrough
We made improvements to our app so users can now fix or change draft agreements before they get signed. We have also made changes to allow IR authorities to work better for tax agents. Find out more on our New Features page.
Our customers and early adopters are shaping 2Shakes. They have identified a number of useful features we are currently working on:
- Upload your own document for signing by your client at the same time the other paperwork is completed.
- Add attachments to email so that you can send fact finder forms, questionnaires, instructions or other documents with your signup email from 2Shakes.
- Signing up multiple parties at once So that Bookkeepers, Tax Agents and Accountants can sign up the different entities a client has at the same time. For example a company tax return and also the directors’ personal tax returns.
- Update agreements & Re-sign clients. We are looking at ways we can make it easier for you send an agreement out for signing to an existing client. This will make it much easier to update your agreements and re-confirm your clients each year. It will also help you change your fees or your T&C’s for your existing clients. All needed for government and professional body compliance.
- Improved Xero Practice Manager Integration to allow for the use of Leads (quotes) and clients (post sign up), as well as updating existing clients.
2Shakes has also changed our pricing model this month. While our original model was fine for the bookkeepers we have been working with, we learnt the volumes were not high enough for accountants and financial advisers, who typically sign up and get authority for higher numbers of clients.
In response we have significantly increased the volume of annual sign ups, from 20 to 250 for the $30 standard plan, and from 100 to 1000 for the $60 high growth plan!
Tell us what you think! We welcome all feedback and requests from our users, customers and early adopters.