2Shakes are in our first month of developing our sign up and authority solution. It’s been busy…
NZ Bookkeeper Annual Conference
On Friday 5th August, 2Shakes flew up to Auckland to talk to bookkeepers about what we are doing at the NZBAI conference #bookkeepcon16. The conference was fantastic. Here are a few pictures – you can see that #hugabookkeeper isn’t just a hashtag – its true!
For 2Shakes the highlight was watching the audience turn to each other, nod their heads in agreement and then laugh out loud as they watched our video prototype. It confirms that all the things we are working hard to solve will be worth it! (And yes, that’s a selfie from the stage)! Click on the image below to watch the video.
We have 60 Early Adopters!
There are around 500 bookkeeping firms in NZ. 2Shakes needed 10% or 50 bookkeepers signed up by the end of October to show we have market support. We are proud to announce that with the help of the NZBAI at the conference we have met our target already! We have just over 60 early adopters signed up. Our support has grown…
- From 17 on demo day in June,
- To 38 at the end of due diligence in July,
- To over 60 now!
And it is not just bookkeepers, we already have a few Accountants who asked if they could sign up too!
Early Adopters Shape 2Shakes
- Our early adopters tell us that they deal with a range of entity types, but that Companies, Sole Traders and Individuals are most common (many also work with Charities, Partnerships, Maori Authorities and Trusts). So we have built functionality that pulls companies office data into the sign up form. From feedback we know it is worth pulling data from other registers too (like the charities register), so this is being planned for our next release.
- Early Adopters vary in how they use Terms and Conditions. So we will build 2Shakes to work both for those who don’t use T’s & C’s yet (but want to) through to those who want to use a variety of different T’s & C’s.
- Many Early Adopters don’t have access to a touch screen (in fact only a third of our early adopters do). So 2Shakes gives a range of options for capturing a client’s electronic signature.
This is just a small sample of the ways that feedback shapes what we build. Thank you SO MUCH to all our early adopters who continue to support us and answer all our questions and requests for information.
Media Coverage for 2Shakes
2Shakes was delighted to get media coverage this month. There was an article about 2Shakes on Stuff and then we appeared in the Dominion Post in Wellington. Thanks to everyone who helped us with this arrticle!
What’s Happening in September…
2Shakes works in two week iterations. Every second Thursday we demonstrate what we have done. In August we demonstrated the:
- Log on screen, client details section of the sign up form, and the ACC authority set up,
- Preview & Signature agreement screens and the email that sends the PDF of the agreement.
September is another busy month. We aim to build and demonstrate:
- How to customise 2Shakes with your businesses logo, services etc.
- Integrating 2Shakes sign up data into Xero Practice Manager (Workflow Max) or exporting it to a spreadsheet
- MBIE Companies Office and Inland Revenue authority set up
Want to see how we are progressing? We demonstrate our progress every second Thursday. The next demonstration is this coming Thursday at 11:30am. If you are an early adopter, have 30 minutes to spare, and are interested you are welcome to coming along (L1, 7 Dixon Street, Wellington ) or video conferencing in. If you want to attend please contact Ata@2Shakes.co.nz for more information.
The Data Futures Patnership is funding 2Shakes as a Catalyst Project to help demonstrate the potential value of greater data use. 2Shakes is working hard to resolve a real world problem of getting recognised as having authority to act for clients. When representing clients – trust, privacy, and control are critical. 2Shakes will share what we learn about trust, privacy and control with the Partnership to help them develop an ethical framework for data use, and build a greater public appetite for greater data sharing in New Zealand.
We will be sending out monthly updates going forward, so you will receive our next update at the end of September. For more regular updates on what we are up to you can follow us on Twitter @2ShakesNZ.
Thanks again for all your support, please get in touch if you have any questions or feedback.
Level 1, 7 Dixon Street
(021 142 9888)